Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant/Blow off your steam thread!

At the same time, my parents would pay for my education so maybe I just need to decide what I wanna do :/ School just isn't my thing. Can't stand it

To add on to this debate, the less you work the more you make.....makes no ****en sense. And people wonder why there is such a high demand for social workers when they make next to nothing and deal with everybodies bs

real talk

you know whats funny about that... my girl graduated with her bachelors in sociology. for such a "high demand" for social workers i don't get why the hell she is stuck folding shirts and hanging handbags at a retail store in a mall. but her degree does make debates about people we notice doing weird things fun. her thinking a bachelors degree means she knows everything about how the human mind works and why people do what they do, and me with no social education other than what I've learned and observed on the streets in real life. not to mention i'm better at thinking outside the box, and not truly caring in the first place.
    I don't mind being knocked off, ridiculed, made to feel minuscule, When you consider the source it's kinda pitiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by vaginactrl View Post
    Never confuse education with intelligence

^ werd. I can look at some of my "educated" (graduated (read:payed big money)) friends and think "what the shit are you talking about?" They sure can write a bang-up book report tho!

First quote i've found truly sig worthy.
    I don't mind being knocked off, ridiculed, made to feel minuscule, When you consider the source it's kinda pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by slowrider87 View Post
    First quote i've found truly sig worthy.
    You have someone with their masters that can't pump gas, and someone who didn't even finish high school and doesn't know how to compose a paper in perfect MLA format, but can build a car from the ground up. Some people value real world skills.

Eh, Im trying to think of a better way to describe it b/c my grandpa is incredibly educated, extremely intelligent (borderline genius iq), but fails miserably when it comes to common sense. He is one of those socially awkward brilliant people that says all of the wrong things, needs help in doing the most simplistic things. However, he can explain some of the craziest scientific theories, mathematical equations and philosophical ideas, in his sleep. Weird.

so i think education and intelligence can go hand in hand. Like an intelligent person doesn't have to be educated to be intelligent, but an educated person has to be intelligent to be educated. Common sense though is something you don't learn in a class room, but in a way is something you learn through life (or should), some people are faster learners than others. Hmmmm, this is going to bug me trying to think of a good way to describe 'common sense'.
    Love, it makes the world go round.
    God is love.
    God, he makes the world go round.
    Jesus Christ died so that I might live, whatta friend

I agree with that. I'm just talking about the people that walk around with their nose in the air, not listening to shit anyone else is saying because they bought a piece of paper, yet are still very fcuking stupid in most senses of the word

no need to describe it Smee. those who have it understand. those who don't never will. we all get by, we just don't all get along.

i'm the guy that failed english class two years in a row. it's the language i speak for gods sake. how do i fail that? but i taught myself to change my own oil, brakes, accessory belts, and install head-units by the time i was 13. Some may sit back, read that and say "i could do that at 8 or 9. but they were likely educated or instructed by someone else first. i never had chances when i was younger to let the things i knew shine. that stuff has always made sense to me. i think that there's a level of "don't eat the yellow snow" type common sense that is universal. everyone has it. but theres the next level that is tuned to the person. this is where "common sense" and "intelligence" merge. while e=mc2 may have been common sense to einstein and poetry was common sense to Shakespeare. "I bet by undoing the three bolts holding the alternator to the block is probably how you take it off to replace it" is common sense to me. What's "common sense" to one person, may not be to another. which is one reason that common sense isn't something that can be explained. it is what it is.

i like this discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Smeee View Post
    Brother just can't keep it in da pants...

I agree with that. I'm just talking about the people that walk around with their nose in the air, not listening to shit anyone else is saying because they bought a piece of paper, yet are still very fcuking stupid in most senses of the word
    i just saw this today. i left the house right after my last post last night.

you're totally right. it is just a piece of paper.
    Over 317,000 waiters and waitresses have college degrees (over 8,000 of them have doctoral or professional degrees), along with over 80,000 bartenders, and over 18,000 parking lot attendants. All told, some 17,000,000 Americans with college degrees are doing jobs that the BLS says require less than the skill levels associated with a bachelor’s degree....

The relentless claims of the Obama administration and others that having more college graduates is necessary for continued economic leadership is incompatible with this view. Putting issues of student abilities aside, the growing disconnect between labor market realities and the propaganda of higher-education apologists is causing more and more people to graduate and take menial jobs or no job at all. This is even true at the doctoral and professional level—there are 5,057 janitors in the U.S. with Ph.D.’s, other doctorates, or professional degrees.
    Full article here- http://chronicle.com/blogs/innovatio...-college/27634

That right there tells me that a degree really doesn't put anyone on any superior level to anyone else. The people who got their degree and actually managed to get a decent job put themselves on a pedestal. Why? Pretty much because they got lucky. Getting lucky isn't anything to to stick your nose in the air about. Congratulations to those who managed to get a job, now shut your fukcing face, no one actually cares.

I'm going to school, so far i'm on that 6 years track it seems... but seriously, i'm going so i can be a mechanic. since when was that a glorious nose in the air job. An associates in applied science with a focus on automotive technology? really? What the hell does that even mean? who knows but it'll be on a paper they give me at graduation. Do i need college to learn the stuff on that paper? No. Like i said before that shit makes sense to me I don't need instructors to teach me. i need the real world. if i don't know something or can't figure it out in the real world i'll ask someone. but unfortunately society says that in order to get that job where i can put what i know to use and learn what else i need to know, i have to have that piece of paper that says i went the route society wanted me too. I should not have to pay for advice, or to have a question answered. Why do you think I hate doctors/pediatricians, psychiatrists, psychologists, etc... they charge you to tell you shit about yourself that, more often than not, you already knew.

To add to the conformity and apparent societal abuse of young, strong minds...
    40% of kids who enroll in college don't get a degree within six years — may be a sign that we're trying to push too many people who aren't suited for college to enroll. It has been estimated that, in 2007, most people in their 20s who had college degrees were not in jobs that required them: another sign that we are pushing kids into college who will not get much out of it but debt.
    Full article here- http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...967580,00.html

I don't know the exact percentage and don't feel like looking for it any longer than i've already tried, but we all know that a good percentage of college graduates don't end up working within their degree field... yet college is necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by slowrider87 View Post
    they got lucky

^ this

the reason for the push for OMGEVERYSINGLEPERSONINTHEU.S.TOGOTOCOLLEGEORSOCIET YWILLLOOKDOWNONYOU......

... it's a nice easy way to get money from the private sector, right back into the state/federal/government sector.

plus, the education universities offer now.. not a way to teach you skills, but a way to mold you into a good, subordinate little lamb, that will obey, without question, your bosses, police, TV, and society.

*Street Spec Kustoms Rep* baggedminiz's Avatar
    i'm gonna lay down a small story to show that some schools after highschool are just bs. My Cousin has owned Multiple Minitrucks. But one in particular he bought was built by guys from Wyotech. It was like an 89 Mazda pickup. Air Bagged in class. 2 easy ways to bag the rear of a truck. 1st is mounting the airbags over the axles, next is placing the airbags on the link bars. So a decent fabricator is gonna realize that your gonna need a decent size link bar to mount the bag on b/c the whole weight of the vehicle is on two bars. This mazda had about 1/2" outside diameter tubing with the airbags mounted on it. If you didn't figure it out by now, those bars where bowing REALLY bad. Building a truck like that is dangerous for yourself and other ppl on the road

On the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Here's the website of a local guy who taught himself how to fabricate. Now he's building full frames and doing crazy inovation on minitruck frames, things never done before. http://www.getbored.biz/

To me that in itself shows that just b/c you go to school to learn something, it doesn't mean you have the skills to pull it off. Just amazes me.

Another thing i like is there's a lot of ppl i went to school with going to college for things i just don't find practical. Like my best friend in school went to philly to study in art. IMO, if you're good at art, why do u need to take a course on it???? I asked her one time she was back why she was going for art. She said it was b/c the degree she would get would get her anywhere. I said, if i'm an employer, and someone says they have a a certain degree, but they studied art and the job has nothing to do with that, i'm gonna pass on them. Its not practical, there isn't a demand for artists. Thats a job where you paint something and sit on it forever until you find that one person who wants it. A month later she changed her major b/c of what i told her. that way 4 years ago, she's still in philly, and in school, but she's now designing clothes and selling them. And i'll give you one guess what job she did before that. Here's a hit, She's F'ing hot as hell lol

Rides:
    1994 Honda Accord EX, Daily Driver
    1994 Chevy S-10, Bagged on 18 Boyd's & 400+HP 355 Small Block
    My Facebook
    LIKE STREET SPEC KUSTOMS ON FACEBOOK

Pics of friend?

Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread Information