Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F20B vs H22A

JediRacer

F20B vs H22A

Ok everyone. Give up the rant and tell me which you prefer. Include a reason also please. Oh yeah... does anyone know the outputs for the F20? I have zero knowledge.

F20 has 220hp i believe. if anyone can give u any more info it would be Merf from this board.

Which brings me to my main point as well. There is not much aftermarket support, nor is there people before most who have done anything with the f20b in the USA. The h22a is here, its a reliable and potent power plant, easily accessible and much cheaper and they're almost comparable to B-series engines when it comes to modifying and tuning.
    Nuff said.
    No more accord.

f22a
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeRKoncepts
    F20 has 220hp i believe. if anyone can give u any more info it would be Merf from this board.

Which brings me to my main point as well. There is not much aftermarket support, nor is there people before most who have done anything with the f20b in the USA. The h22a is here, its a reliable and potent power plant, easily accessible and much cheaper and they're almost comparable to B-series engines when it comes to modifying and tuning.
    Nuff said.
    the f20b that everyone refers to is the jdm accord sir-t motor.. it's 197hp 144ft-lbs. the internal components of the head seem to be like those of the h22a and i would be willing to bet that they are interchangable. its been reported that accord pistons work in the f20b. rods would have to be custom made.
    Last edited by f22a; November 11th, 2003 at 10:38 PM.

MerF
    You guys pretty much covered the bases here...lol. What else would you like to know? sorry for the delayed answer! :)

TOAB
    doesnt the f20b have shorter gears aswell?

MerF
    That's a question on everyone's mind. Apparently not a lot, but it sure as hell felt like it to me. It's a great combination that I miss for sure.

Justin86
    Well what are your plans with the engine. Cause I belive that all of the F-series blocks are cast-iron and they sure are perfect for a big turbo and a lot of boost. Except for that the H22a has a little better numbers and you can get all the parts for it easier.

f22a
    the stock sleeves are cast iron but i would not recommend exceeding 14-15 psi on them without a resleeve.

SiR-T-fied
    i have an F20B pushing 165whp and 15.6 on the 1/4 mile.

i am actually trying to do some research now on putting the head on a H22A

<blank>
    old thread.

f22a
    i'm sure the head from the F20B will work, although i'd be questioning the headgasket issue due to the different bores.

Quote Originally Posted by SiR-T-fied

Jeebus!!! now why would you wanna do that? You'd be losing several of the main strengths of the F20B and alot of what makes it better than the H22A...

You'd lose the better R/S ratio of the 88mm crank... and the non FRM lined cylinders...

Bleh... what a travesty... Sell the motor and buy something else...like a Type S H22A... don't cannabilize an F20B like that... it deserves better...It is the OG Touring Car motor... that put out 300hp all motor...on 3 or 4 different continents...

It is a much better engine than an H22... it is able to safely rev higher than an H22 can... all these meatheads wanting to push their H22's to 8k+ talk down upon it but that is exactly what it was built for...and deep down they envy it's free revving ability whether they know it or not... they just dislike the slightly less tq than an H22...

If you like to wind out gears then this is the motor for you...

spray nitrous on it with an H23 tranny and you will be in heaven... I betcha a 100 shot would put you in high 12's or very low 13's easily... or build it up all motor with some custom high cr pistons some H22 rods (they might have to be custom, I can't rememebr exactly atm) some good toda or Jun cams and corresponding valvetrain setup a good clutch and a light flywheel and you have a 200whp 9500-10k revving beast...some ITB's wouldn't hurt either...

or boost it...if you must...

but please...

Show the 2.0 liter F some respect... from one 2liter man to another...
    DC Sports rules!!!
    HKS drools...

RIP Lifsatrip7
    JDM F20A DOHC 2.0 Si

BLAH!!!!!!!! ::

f22a
    Quote Originally Posted by ZigenBallZ

Jeebus!!! now why would you wanna do that? You'd be losing several of the main strengths of the F20B and alot of what makes it better than the H22A...

You'd lose the better R/S ratio of the 88mm crank... and the non FRM lined cylinders...

Bleh... what a travesty... Sell the motor and buy something else...like a Type S H22A... don't cannabilize an F20B like that... it deserves better...It is the OG Touring Car motor... that put out 300hp all motor...on 3 or 4 different continents...

It is a much better engine than an H22... it is able to safely rev higher than an H22 can... all these meatheads wanting to push their H22's to 8k+ talk down upon it but that is exactly what it was built for...and deep down they envy it's free revving ability whether they know it or not... they just dislike the slightly less tq than an H22...

spray nitrous on it with an H23 tranny and you will be in heaven... I betcha a 100 shot would put you in high 12's or very low 13's easily... or build it up all motor with some custom high cr pistons some H22 rods (they might have to be custom, I can't rememebr exactly atm) some good toda or Jun cams and corresponding valvetrain setup a good clutch and a light flywheel and you have a 200whp 9500-10k revving beast...some ITB's wouldn't hurt either...

but please...

Amen!

SiR-T-fied
    Quote Originally Posted by ZigenBallZ

but please...

was just looking for the best gain using the least money. when you speak about cams and pistons all i see is $$$$$, guess if you want to make real power you have to spend real money. definately not going artificial with it, keeping it real N/A :)

i will be researching some cams. if you have any links please post. thanks for the info

spin1078
    the big reason for the f20b is uniqueness

not a lots been done with it compared to the H22 which is common

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information