Thread: Just replace distributor when it won't start, and now it won't start again

GtrAccord

Just replace distributor when it won't start, and now it won't start again

Well as some of you know I just got my car running again after I change the distributor. But then when I acclerate it misfire and stumble. Then I switch my spark plug with my bro's denso iridium spark plug and the misfire were gone. It start up strong and things was looking good, but I took it out because I was just testing it and I was going to get new one tommorrow, but I reuse my old plugs that night before I went to get new spark plug. While I was starting up the car this morning, it start good, but it choke a little bit and was running. As I walk out of the car to go inside the house, the car suddently shut off. I return to my car and try to crank it up, but it only rotate. I then drove my mom van to get new spark plug and it's still won't start. I check to see if I get any spark, but there no spark at all. Could it be the Distributor again, that what happen last time. But I don't know how thing are getting mess up like that. Please help me with any info you guys have. Thanks
    Last edited by GtrAccord; November 12th, 2004 at 05:43 PM.

MerF
    Let me see if I can decipher this mumbo-jumbo...

You recently replaced the distributor, and since doing so the car has misfired and stumbled on acceleration.
    >>>You probably mis-aligned the timing when installing the distributor.

You switched....something with your brother's car. I think you say the spark plugs, and this fixed the problem temporarily.
    >>>You gapped your old plugs wrong.

Then I get totally lost and have no idea what the **** the rest of your post says.

spin1078
    is everyone mean to people from other countries? Merf, latino is more than just food! lol jp

MerF
    I'm not mean to people from other countries...intentionally. I have no idea if English is his second language or not, because if it is, he needs to specify. And if it is, he better be in a second country.

If he is in the US of A and can't complete an English sentence correctly, I don't much care if he's a jellyfish, I'm gonna **** with him.

I'm at least trying to help the dude out, the least he could do is make some ****ing sense.

GtrAccord
    Sorry about that. I'm not too good with english, but I could careless. As long as it gets me through Life. Anyway I re-edit now. If that's not good enough then you're expecting too much out of it. Thanks anyway.

MerF
    Much better. Thank you for the edit. For those of you who think this edit looks horrible, you should have seen it before.

Anyway, somehting to look at is the possibility that you fried your coil. What was the gap lik eon th eold plugs that you pulled...were any of them rediculously far apart? If they were, then your coil had nowhere to discharge and it could have burned it up. I don't think a coil can burn up from lack of gap, but maybe you can check it out....I know mine were ground out (3 of 8) and the coil is fine.

If your coil is good, or you want to rule other things out first, there are only so many things that can casue a loss of spark on more than one cylinder:

Bad coil.
    Bad coil wire.
    Bad cap (as in cap/rotor in distributor).
    Bad leads to the coil.

Good luck.

cokinut
    i second merf's notion

xpwex
    What about the ICM in the Dizzy right now im having the same problem. where i dont have any spark getting out just recently replaced the rotor (he he had to break it of was stuck) but replaced also the coil and still no spark the book says to check out the ICM by checking the blk \yellow wire and then checking the blu \ wht wire with the key set to on to see if you have 12v ill let you know if it fixes it also i see a slight gap in my dizzy cap that might just be it but like they always say all my car needs in life is
    FUEL SPARK AND AIR to get her started remeber that;;;;;;

MerF
    What the hell was that?

Makelo
    My opinion is to pull off your entire distributor & double check it. If the car was missfiring, then my best guess is the car's timing is off.

dookie320
    what the hell is a dizzy

MerF
    Quote Originally Posted by dookie320
    what the hell is a dizzy
    It's the new "hip" way of saying distributor, or even dist. ::rolleyes

xpwex
    So I Fixed The Car It Turned Out To Be My Igniter Inside The Dizzy...picked One Up At The Junk Yard

MerF
    Congrats. ::tu::

Thread Information