Thread: HOW TO: do the Infamous 5g Lip Conversion (AznBadAss92LX)

HOW TO: do the Infamous 5g Lip Conversion (AznBadAss92LX)

Originally posted by AznBadAss92LX
    Alright, there are just way to many people taking on to this trend, id like to thank jason, aka 93AccordEX for his inspiration to me and you can all thank me for making lip kits *cough* greddy & erebuni *cough* so popular HA! :laugh:

It is a given fact that 94-95 lips will look at fit better on a 90-91 accords, in the same fashion that 96-97 lips for the 92-93 accords..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 5th Gen Lips are too long on the sides so those need to be cut so it will be flush wit the fender. Use a dremel and thug it out...dont forget to re-attatch the end cap so it doesnt look gay from behind.

As for making it contour our bumpers, that takes hell of a lot of bending, dont be afraid to break it or else your not gonna get anywhere with it..

Some of the screw holes line up, so do as many as you can that way, if not drill through the lip into the bottom of your stock bumper, i recommend taking off your stock bumper and flipping it upside down to get a better view of it...you can use various screws, liquid nails and some good ole fashion 3M red tape

That is basically it.....in a nutshell: Cut Sides, Bend, Install doesnt take a genius to figure that out...yet some of you dont like to search....

This ^ Applys for most lips, be warned that fiberglass lips do exist and will crack if to heavily bent...so i suggest getting urathane..or half urathane/abs plastic

Good Luck with your installs...Please dont cramp my style cuz i kno i am a unique 4g as of this moment

Originally posted by AznBadAss92LX
    Here i also have d21x's DIY when he installed his mugen lip...very similar to what i am talking about...very detailed step by step...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by d21x

Tools: Sockets, wrenches, philips screw driver, dremel with cutting bit, Haynes Manual, other things that i cant think of.

Step 1: Take bumper off

Step 2: Take bumper and lip to a nice place to work on with lighting and power outlets. I took mine into the basement.

Step 3: Cut off ALL tabs off the lip.

Step 4: Mount Lip on bumper by holding lip in place and using something to mark where to drill holes. While doing this, mark the edges so u can cut the excess length. Use a dremel or hax saw to cut it or anything else.

Here's a pic of the bending:

Step 5: After marking holes, take a drill with the proper size drill bit and drill the holes.

Step 6: Put lip back on the bumper and put the bolts, washers and nuts in place.

Step 7: Tighten all the bolts and make sure they're all in place.

Step 8: Put bumper back on. Be carefull not to drop the bumper. Finish product should look like this:

GOODLUCK!!!

Anyone have a pic of a 94-95 oem lip on a cb accord ?

Quote Originally Posted by L.A. View Post
    anyone happen to have a pic of a cb accord with an oem CD front lip ?

one of my fav CB's btw,
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=186577
    #TriStateAccords

reminded me of lilb1979's

94EXcoupe (gone) / 07SEsedan - DD / 02IS - Fun

thanks shaun

Thread Information