Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JDM H22 horsepower specs?

black_HFP_6spd

JDM H22 horsepower specs?

well. does any one know how much power a JDM H22 with I/H/E has?
    i got into a race with a 92 or 93 cx hatch, we started off of a roll and we were neck and neck through 60-65 where i missed a shift like a dumbass. ::cry::
    i think the only thing that made it close through 60 is the fact that there were 3 people in the hatchback!!!

phataccord04
    yea he should have wiped your A$$, not from just the motor for the fact that hatch is so damn light. And an H22 comes in diffrent forms but here ya go:

H22A1 2.2L USDM DOHC VTEC 92-96 Prelude VTEC 190hp

H22A4 2.2L DOHC VTEC 97-01 Prelude VTEC/SH 97-98: 195hp 99-01: 200hp

H22A 2.2L JDM DOHC VTEC 92+ Prelude Type-S, 97+ Prelude SiR S Spec 220ps

H23A1 2.3L USDM DOHC non-VTEC Prelude Si 160hp

cokinut
    http://www.importreview.com/d_2.2.html

click on each of the engines - they list what mods have been done. I'm assuming the hatch had the jdm h22a? A good jdm h22a engine should put down around anywhere from 180-185 whp and 155-160 ft lbs tq to the wheels with bpu's. So add that to a lightweight chassis and you get a super quick hatchy.

black_HFP_6spd
    Yeah he said it was JDM, he was talking about how the distributor was in a different place or something, either way JDM or USDM shit was mad quick. i think i missed a shift just on being surprised that this thing was still in my window. you can never underestimate a hatch these days though.

cokinut
    i guess you learned the hard way. '91 civic hatches or crx's + built b20vtec + 241 whp = 11-12 second q/t.

black_HFP_6spd
    yeah i knew something was up, he was rolling in a crew of about 3 or 4, 4th & 5th gen accords. but everyone that he was with let him come all the way from the back to line up with me. i expected one of the other accords to want to race. so i knew when he lined up with me that he was the big dogg.

phataccord04
    Quote Originally Posted by black_HFP_6spd
    Yeah he said it was JDM, he was talking about how the distributor was in a different place or something, either way JDM or USDM shit was mad quick. i think i missed a shift just on being surprised that this thing was still in my window. you can never underestimate a hatch these days though.

I guess he doesnt really know JDM, one easy way is by the block and the other is by the header but you can buy a JDM header pretty easy now a days

black_HFP_6spd
    yeah it was dark i couldnt see the block, had aftermarket valve cover and the header was aftermarket too.

phataccord04
    yeah it was dark i couldnt see the block, had aftermarket valve cover and the header was aftermarket too.
    ehh I doubt it was aftermarket most guys that have a true JDM header keep it or go spoon or a company like that. Valve cover dont mean squat now a days anyways. Guys with the new accords are swapping on the tsx valve cover I belive.

black_HFP_6spd
    yeah i can dig the valve cover thing,
    the header was stainless though.

phataccord04
    yeah i can dig the valve cover thing,
    the header was stainless though.
    yea....he still ebat ya :)

HondaAccordSiR
    Quote Originally Posted by cokinut
    i guess you learned the hard way. '91 civic hatches or crx's + built b20vtec + 241 whp = 11-12 second q/t.
    I hope this is true, I'm shooting for 350-400 hp crx, gutted but caged.

who needs a radio when you got whooshhhhh, whoosshhhhh

^ () ^
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaAccordSiR
    Quote Originally Posted by cokinut
    I hope this is true, I'm shooting for 350-400 hp crx, gutted but caged.

who needs a radio when you got whooshhhhh, whoosshhhhh
    Why Gutted?

HondaAccordSiR
    Why Gutted? [/QUOTE]

not truely gutted, just meant carpeting probably, don't know yet, got a year to work on it and I'm always changing my mind.

^ () ^
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaAccordSiR
    Why Gutted?
    not truely gutted, just meant carpeting probably, don't know yet, got a year to work on it and I'm always changing my mind.[/QUOTE]

400whp should get you into the 13's.. w/ or w/o interior.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information