PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Grounds

Amack
December 7th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I have been looking at some of my grounds and they look to be pretty much done for. I want to get some new wires and pretty much add a few new ones as well. Any suggestions would help. Like size and can anybody tell me could they notice any difference in their electrical system. Did you notice the lights a little brighter and did the car start faster or anything. I have an H22 swap also.

Do anybody have any pics of their grounding setups if possible. Just trying to get a general idea and some good suggestions. Thanks

Amack
December 8th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Anybody have some suggestions?

I drink V8
December 8th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Here's mine

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r164/Geminii611/Picture047.jpg

Amack
December 8th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Did you notice any difference man? Like start up wise, light brightness or anything of that nature once you put that on?

I drink V8
December 8th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Did you notice any difference man? Like start up wise, light brightness or anything of that nature once you put that on?

It's been on there a while! I do remember when i had my system and after installing this my lights didn't blink anymore when the bass hit. Startup wise i can't recall.

shavedaccord
December 8th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Improving your cars grounding, will def. help idle. May even gain a HP or two.

krisgh15
December 21st, 2008, 05:00 PM
Did the big three and noticed a big difference. Lights don't dim when the bass hits ,and the car idles smoother. Just upgrade your battery to chasis, alternator to battery and block to chasis ground with larger gauge wire. I went with 2 gauge. Be sure to run an inline fuse between your battery and alternator. Good luck.:smile: