PDA

View Full Version : SAFC for 5th gen

zebro racing
June 2nd, 2004, 07:40 AM
Ive got a DC header and intake, what can I gain from doing a dyno tuned SAFC? ...It an LX before you ask...

urbanrunner
June 2nd, 2004, 02:18 PM
u might gain alitle, but who knows, u best bet is to try, every little bit helps

fibercarbon
June 2nd, 2004, 09:29 PM
give it a shot

Felony
June 2nd, 2004, 10:35 PM
2.25whp

f22a
June 6th, 2004, 03:06 AM
exactly 3.29483hp, it's been proven.

97accordex
June 7th, 2004, 11:57 AM
whats a safc and how's it work?

SpeedFreak03
June 9th, 2004, 09:49 AM
The SAFC (Super Air Flow Convertor) is a piggyback fuel controller from APEXi. How it works is, it "intercepts" the signal from the air-flow sensor (MAS), and then it either increases or decreases the voltage and sends it to the ECU. So if the ECU sees a lower MAS voltage, it thinks there is less air going into the engine, so it puts less fuel in there, and vise-versa. Once you do some heavy mods (higher-compression pistons, turbo, etc), you will need more fuel going into your engine, and this tool lets you do that.

Now would zebro racing benefit from an SAFC and some dyno time? In my opinion, not really. Since you only have basic bolt-ons, the ECU in it's stock form can modify the A/F (air/fuel) ratio as needed. So you wouldn't gain anything from having it dyno tuned, maybe 1-2HP, but for $250 plus a few hours of dyno time (probably another $200), is it worth it? I would spend the money elsewhere, unless you have plans for a turbo or other non-bolt-on mods.